NHS Or Private Rehab?
The preferred rehab treatment option for many people is private residential rehab. In the most cases, getting into centre can be organised within twenty four hours. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
UK residents are entitled to benefit from free addiction treatment programs through licensed community based NHS rehab or private residential recovery centres across the country with the right equipment. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Private rehabilitation facilities
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients will usually have the same therapist/staff caring for them.
- We provide the environment and surrounding free from worries and issues where patients can concentrate on treatment sessions.
- Recovery is helped along due to therapeutic community that creates powerful bonds with doctors and other addicts;
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Aftercare agenda;
- Costs more than rehabilitation on the NHS;
- It can not recovered by medical insurance.
Rehabilitation of NHS
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Operates in the local community near home and family reach;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- May not be referred to residential rehab;
- For different treatment program, patients may be asked or visit to go to different centres or clinics,
- Recovery might be damaged by everyday problems and substance accessibility;
- You get more limited access to personal therapist;
- Patients are not entitled to similar therapist/staff care during treatment program period;
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. Funding through the EU cross border healthcare directive is however possible to gain a much faster access.
All UK patients are requested to take benefit from this service and get more information on Drug Rehab West Midlands site.