FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Here are answers to some questions you might have about the whole process.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Happens In Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detoxification A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. The cleansing removes drugs and other harmful substances from the body. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. To manage a dependency requires being taught how to go through everyday life without using and calls for commitment and difficult work.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation help people figure out how to adapt to drug desires and overcome those intense circumstances when the enticement to backslide is strong. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
Many individuals who are battling with dependence finish more than one stay in rehabilitation before they can discover their balance in their recuperation journey. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Fixation restoration projects can shift significantly in cost. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- What amenities are provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of the programme - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- The location - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Sort of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. What makes addiction costly
- The substance's cost
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal fines and fees
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Can I Use Insurance?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Clinic based inpatient administrations have restorative staff available in all circumstances, while most private recoveries will give intermittent services from healthcare experts, when required. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
The most intensive treatment programme is the inpatient programme, where patients are given round the clock 100% chance to concentrate on their healing. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. People with short term, less serious and limited addictions will find this more appropriate, and their duties at home and work will not suffer.
Outpatient programmes can differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
To take in more about the distinction between these two dependence treatment structures, call us today at 0800 772 3971 to talk about your choices. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. These include
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehabs There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Treatment For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
In general, there are countless different manners to receive assistance as an employee, and looking for treatment for addiction will at all times be better for your career, your health, and your life overall in the long term.
Luxury Treatment - What Is It?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 772 3971 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.