Receive Dependency Therapy
There are multiple therapies available depending on the kind of addiction you are suffering from, you can as well get help on how to boost your wellness and maintain your drug free state. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. When the student is ready, the teacher will show up, Zen proverb says. Withdrawal from addiction starts with addict's readiness to seek professional assistance.
Get in touch with us on 0800 772 3971 for the necessary assistance to assist you to get the right rehab centre where you can receive useful professional advice.
If they come into the picture, overcoming the problem become easier as they are an integral part of the process that will help the addict break the habit.
Addiction counsellors can assist you during the therapy process and develop a personalized program for recovery and aftercare. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
How Does An Dependency Therapist Help
To obtain assistance in recognizing possible stimulants and how to develop periodic schemes for your recovery, you will quickly remember how you suddenly turned to an addict with the help of your therapist.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. The patient can start making meaningful post-treatment programs once these dysfunctions are recognized.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- Periodic drug testing.
- Established a specific program for therapy based on your individual requirements.
- Contribute in collecting significant information on drug addiction treatment approach in an area.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of An Effective Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Being a good listener and having a general behaviour of empathy are some qualities that your counsellor should have.
The counsellor should be able to build rapport with the patient in order to get full cooperation and trust of the patient.
Most counsellors are former addicts; this is a huge advantage to create a common ground of understanding between the patient and counsellor. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. The determination a of a therapist to ensure that addicts are helped to overcome their addiction permanently is the best attribute a counsellor must possess.
What Are The Obtainable Treatment Options
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Some of these healing programs are
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Being able to have a level of control over brain activities allows the patient to have a level of control to influence of the physical impacts.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In rehabilitation centres, DBT is utilized to determine the psychosocial factors of the addiction and empower the patient to deal with stresses such as peer pressure.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- The central concept of this kind of treatment is to get an individual into a calm condition to better comprehend what could be the reason for this drug-seeking and using attitudes.
- Holistic Therapies
- This approach teaches patients self-examination in dealing with stress or triggers.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Why Do I Need Dependency Therapy
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.