What Is Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. Exploratory treatment brings the cure for dependency into the open, the workshops, and other places.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. Experimential therapies put recuperating addicts in situations where they feel great, for example, the outside or in a workmanship or music studio.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Regular experimential therapy activities
- Mountain climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Therapy via music
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure therapy
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. A drug user on the mend can learn how to deal with these issues without resorting to drug use with the help of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Addiction Using Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. Exploratory treatment could educate recuperating users on how to manage daily pressures such as urges as well as addiction provocations.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. Treating these disarranged nearby enslavement can diminish psychological wellness related anxiety and triggers, decreasing the probability of backslide.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Throughout the stretch of an exploratory treatment, counsellors lead recuperating users via various therapeutic activities , custom made to their particular therapeutic necessities.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Other Treatments With Experimential Therapy
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. These exercises let recuperating users use the life skills they have learnt throughout therapy meetings in actual, direct settings.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. When going through detox there are the alternatives to inpatient and outpatient treatments to make easier this whole process. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
Experimential therapy is regularly utilized nearby customary recovery systems to make an extensive treatment program for recouping addicts.
Experimential Therapy Common Techniques Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- Users would feed, hitch up, walk, and comb the horses during the period; however, they would not ride these horses.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- EAP is helpful for recovering addicts to process their negative feelings or traumas which they may not recognise or address in other situations.
- EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- The EMDR therapy requires patients to visualise a traumatic event even as a therapist leads them through specific eye movements.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, camping and hiking can all be part of this therapy.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
If you're dealing with the problem of substance abuse give us a call to find out more about an addiction treatment program. Climbing and artwork are part of the programs in some rehab clinics that used experimential therapy. You will find what you need to defeat your addiction in many rehab centres through the whole nation call us on 0800 772 3971.