What Is Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
The overall well-being of the individual is considered by holistic therapy primarily while also providing proper attention to the physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Religious approach
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Revealing the hidden addiction causes
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Developing self-assurance
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Some Holistic therapies include
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- Exercising daily can assist in building a helpful routine which can relieve stress and strengthen the body.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- Meditation Drills
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Professional medical assistance
- Individualized psychological counselling
Most of recovering patients as well participate in groups of 12-step program (e.g. Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous) to get psychological assistance.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
A number of drug rehab centres offer holistic therapy as part of their inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 772 3971.